Why would you force yourself to stay away from someone? I'm so confused.

Anonymous
Why would you force yourself to stay away from someone that you love being with? my boyfriend is having doubts about himself and us. so we are taking a break. he has been working on himself and has been doing a bit better, but still working on it. I've just kind of been waiting. we started spending a little time together again, but he got weird about it and told me he loves being with me but its too easy to get back in to the rhythm of being together. I asked him why that was a problem and if he likes being around me, why not? he said he knows it isn't right for us to be together again yet because he doesn't feel healthy (emotionally) and doesn't know when that will be. he also said if we get back together, its going to be intense and its a bigger deal than I'm making it out to be. I told him he doesn't have any pressure. we have kept in touch.

i asked him if he had to force himself away from me because he thought I was unhealthy for him and he said no.

now he is saying if we get back together, he wants to propose, but doesn't want to until he knows he is positive. I know it can't be anytime soon by the way he is acting. we have been involved for 7 years.

what the hell? does this make any sense? I know he is going through stuff and I want to be there for him and be strong, but I don't know if I should cut ties. I don't want to, but I don't know what is best for the both of us.
1
0