How to start a conversation on Facebook but not sound desperate?

allycecao
So you know those one off conversations you have with a guy, yeah those. I really want to have another one, but am so confused what to say.

Well I met this guy at a party, and he seemed like a person I wanted to know even further. I added him on Facebook and he accepted, we then had another small conversation, where it's like "hey thanks for the add, how was the party?" "blah blah blah:" He then decided to sleep and yeah, I can't think of how to start a conversation with him as we've already discussed so much and saying "hi" would sound a tad desperate, and I want to stay as calm around him as possible. The chances of seeing him again are really slim, cause I'm not too connected to his friends and we only met through our friend's friend's friend. Could you give me some start up lines that wouldn't seem too desperate unlike "hi, how are you" or anything like that as in my opinion it's sort of random and wouldn't know what to say from there on.
2
1