Is this worth me giving it a chance again?

I've been with the same guy on and off for 3 years now. we always end up breaking up because well I guess our lives are too different. my family doesn't want me to have anything to do with him because they've seen how hurt I am every time we breakup. despite everything that's happened between us we always end up coming back to each other and yeah I do love him. he's been my first everything ( kiss,boyfriend,love,time). we recently got back together again but I knew from the beginning I would have to break it off this time. I'm leaving for a month out of the country and by the time I get back its gonna be time for me to go back to school again. I have to focus on myself and my studies because when I'm with him he always ends up becoming my first priority. also its a lot harder to see him cause I'm very busy and he works a lot, and with the whole family issue it just seems impossible. I explained this all to him cause I'm leaving the coming up week. he look crushed and he doesn't want me to leave him now that we just got back together. it was a lot harder to do than I thought but he told me to keep in touch every once in a while and no matter what he still loves me. he also told me to tell him if I start going out with anyone else and that he doesn't think he can be my friend but he'll try. he wants me to think things over and see if there's anyway I can still see him when I come back, but I know that would be too much for me to handle. its my senior year and I don't want to have any distractions. I love him with all my heart and I wish I could make this work but I don't know if I should try or not, I mean we do always end up breaking up and just the drama with my family...they would make it so hard. is this worth me going through if my feelings for him are so strong?should I let him go and keep going with the decision I made?
Is this worth me giving it a chance again?
Add Opinion