Am I to be blamed for the break-up?

I met this guy about a year ago and we fell madly in love. We were both in relationships when we met and we both broke up with our significant others shortly after we began seeing each other. At the time, I was studying in a different country and we had to part ways after only having known each other for 2 months. We decided to stay together because we were foolishly convinced that things would last between us. The first two months were perfect. We Skyped, chatted, and e-mailed a lot every day. Things started going down hill once I told him I was getting a professional massage by a guy. He became distant and our communication began to slip. I confronted him about this, but he just claimed that he was busy and just didn't have time. We began arguing a lot after that and he completely cut off all contact because he was too "busy". I told him that if he wanted an out, he should just say so considering that I truly believe in the whole "he's just not that into you if he's too busy" saying. However, he said that was not what he wanted but that he was just busy. For the last two months of my stay abroad we barely talked at all.

When I came home for vacation about 4 months later we got back together but he quickly changed for the worse again. He showed no interest and I ended in with him after a couple of weeks. He asked me for a second chance (again) and I gave it to him. When it came time for for me to leave again, he was very cold, distant, and rude to me. After I arrived back abroad, things quickly turned into the same as the first time I left and I ended it with him for good knowing that he would never forgive me for doing that again.

So, here is my question (finally):-) I know that I pushed him a lot, but I was suspicious of him and his actions considering that I was abroad and the way our relationship had begun and the fact that he was always using the "busy" excuse. That's why I ended it. I know that he pushed me away because I pushed him into giving me more that he could. He always said that he didn't feel adequate which was painful to hear. I can't get him out of my mind and I can't figure out who's more to blame... him or me? I've apologized to him for my actions and for the way I handled the conflicts we had hoping that we could figure things out again now that I am back home for good, but he's still using the " I'm busy" excuse and can't say whether or not he's able to give it another shot. Do I completely leave him alone or what would you suggest?
Am I to be blamed for the break-up?
1
1