I want to date this guy, but I don't know what I am doing wrong. Anything else I can do?

So this guy I used to work with I have a crush on. He used to take me on breaks and ask me out to lunch at work he would pay but one time he didn't pay but say he had bad money management. btu I just paid my own way I don't care. Anyway he wrote on my wall saying he didn't recognize me at first with aa :p and asked how I was. I made a joke about him thinking I was a random sketcho and not realizing it was me, but I asked how he was with a freaking :) and everything and he has yet to answer ( he sent it at like two in the morning) and he has commented on someone elses wall. and he hasn't on mine -_- after he started it. I was going to thank him for the breaks and stuff after he responded and that I owe him one. But if he doesn't answer, what should I do? I know he is single. But I mean he has all these girls writting on his wall. like I don;t know if he is intersted he could have just been being nice, but you don't think he will answer?

Is there anything I can do else of should I just wait for him. I want to date this guy, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.
1
0