Is it likely he wants to start spending time together again? Does he only want sex from me?

Anonymous
my ex boyfriend and I see one another on occasion, but not regularly. he knows I wanted to get back together with him, but I don't know if he is so sure about that anymore. since he broke it off, he's been kind of cold to me. (I understand why the brake up happened, by the way...we both made mistakes). we have been separated for about 6 months.

The other night, we ran into each other at a mutual friends house. that night, he tried to get me to come home with him. he was not intoxicated and I was. I didn't go with him. last night, I got locked out of my friend's house (who is also his neighbor) and I called him for the spare key. he was at work, but came right home when he got done and told me he didn't have the key, but he wanted to hang out. we did for about an hour and had a good time. at one point, he pulled me down on his couch and kissed my lips. I didn't really react. then he tried to get me to stay the night and I didn't (although I wanted to, but I knew we would end up sleeping together). when I left, he seemed almost mad at me.

i ran in to him AGAIN today! (we really frequent the same places.) and he was kind of touchy. he asked me what I was doing later and I said I didn't know. he asked if he could call me and I said sure. I asked him what he was doing later and he said 'calling you.'

okay, so my question is, do you think it is obvious that he only wants sex from me right now? or is it likely he wants to start spending time together again? I was with him for 7 years! (funny I can't read him like this) and I've made the mistake of putting my feelings on the line by sleeping with him before. we are both sexual people, but he knows I think of sex way more heavy than he does. he would be fine if we slept together and were not a couple.

2
1