I'm really worried about making guy friends at college! I need advice from guys especially?

Anonymous
I'm in a long-distance relationship, and have no plan on ending it anytime soon. I start college in 3 days... I'm already nervous enough, but I also realized, I basically didn't have guy friends at school. I don't know why, the only guys I was friends with ended up asking me out, shortly after becoming friends, or I was told that they liked me. I'm talking about 3 or 4 guys maybe. That's it. I don't know if it's maybe that I just don't know how to talk to them without seeming like I want to date them, or maybe I just don't have the right personality. My boyfriend is also my best friend so I don't think it's that... But I really wanted to be friends with guys too. I'm just worried that in college once they all know I'm in a relationship, they won't want to have anything to do with me. Some girls just have a way with guys where they have loads of guy friends and it never leads to anything. They're just friends because they enjoy each others company. Why can't I be like that? I'm quite popular with girls, why not guys too? I genuinely believe the guys who didn't see me as a potential date just didn't like me or didn't think I was cool or something... Guys could you think why this is?
+1 y
also just to say, at school I was thought of as being pretty shy, quiet but the sweetest person in the class... I'm not bragging! lol a lot of people said it... just thought it was relevant to the question. and in my yearbook people wrote things (guys too) like your always really nice, keep smiling, angel face, there's not a bad bone in your body!... yeah I sound kind of annoying but hey it seemed to be an impression I gave lol
3
1