Think I missed an opportunity for a potential date

I was at a restaurant and because of the tables sitting so close together, I was practically sitting right across from a very cute guy. He was with some friends, I was with my mom, my daughter, and two of my nieces.

My mom says she saw him looking at me several times, but how on earth could I ever approach him while being with my mom. And I'm sure he probably thought all those kids were mine and even if he didnt, what guy would approach me with my mom right there?

I feel that my insecurities and fear of being rejected could possibly have cost me a date along with my mom being there and so forth. If you read my other posts, I'm having a hard time moving on from my ex and being attracted to other ppl. The fact I was attracted to him makes me hopeful. He was everything I was looking for physically...tall, muscular, and dark haired.

What could I have done in this situation since I was with my mom? I also normally wait for the guy to come to me. If they don't, I assume they aren't interested. Is that the case in this situation?

1
1