A couple weeks ago boyfriend of 2 years decided on a "break"...What's going on now?

3 weeks ago Friday after I told him I was depressed and felt like he was taking me for granted, my boyfriend of 2 years decided that we needed to take a break so he could "change".

His parents have been talking about getting a divorce for over a year and last month he told me it looked like they'd actually do it now, although nothing will happen until his mother gets settlement money from an accident. It's putting a lot of weight on his shoulders...

Like I said, it's been 3 week and as far as I can see there hasn't been a change. He's barely talked to me on his own and hasn't called me once. I've done the NC thing a couple times but broken to ask things like if he needed more time, if he'd like to try doing something, etc...And then the other day I sent a message thanking him for the last two years, apologized for being so stupid for not realizing he'd indirectly dumped me...Didn't expect a response, as far as I was concerned I felt like that was it.

Then he responded " I'm not indirectly dumping you, I want to hang out soon. Just don't be depressed okay.

Its just right now what I need is to change myself. And I don't know what I'll want in the end.

Just for now do whatever you want. I need time. If you want to move on from me then do it. But understand I'm going through something that I need to go through for myself and for other people. Hopefully I'll see you soon though."

I'm just so confused and I don't know what's going on with him. He doesn't talk to me, doesn't call and it makes me feel like it's totally over and I'm never going to see him again..Then suddenly he wants to hang out? And then when I ask if he's serious about "hopefully" seeing me soon and if he could give me a day cos "no offense but I want to make sure it's not just false hope" he tells me not right now (he has mixed feelings all over the place). "If things go well; soon" and not to rush him.

What's going on with him, how do I get him to stop jerking me around and tell me the truth? and what can I do; just stop talking to him completely?

I want him back but I don't know how to do that..
0
2