Do some girls just flirt or mess with guys for fun? Is it worth it to pursue her?

Anonymous
I'm taking a chemistry class and have been crushing on a chick that sits by me. There wasn't much attraction at first but after a few weeks we started (or at least I thought we were) flirting. She's very outgoing and talkative to everyone so it can be hard to tell. Here are some things she's done: 1)touching me often 2)ONCE Pretended to be boyfriend and girlfriend in a hypothetical situation 3)when we went to the Lab she followed me and told me she wanted to sit next to me 4)She's receptive when I touch her 5)Laughs at my dumb jokes 6) Gave me her number 6) picks up any graded papers that might be mine and gives them to me. I thought forsure she liked me but after the weekend she was very distant and hardly talked to me and her texts are very short, also I noticed she hardly asks me about myself or my personal life. Was I wrong about her? Do some girls just flirt or mess with guys for fun? Is it worth it to pursue her? I should also mention that I'm 19 and she's 24 so there's an obvious age difference
+1 y
So I asked her out...I told her that was gonna be leaving for a vacation and that we should hangout before I go...she said she was going to Arizona for a week and couldn't...she didn't seem put off by my proposition at all but she wasn't enthusiastic either :/ what's weird is that we were flirting again today I laid my head on her in class and we kinda just teased each other...however at the same time she was more preoccupied with texting her friends which she does constantly
1
2