Do some girls just flirt or mess with guys for fun? Is it worth it to pursue her?

Anonymous
I'm taking a chemistry class and have been crushing on a chick that sits by me. There wasn't much attraction at first but after a few weeks we started (or at least I thought we were) flirting. She's very outgoing and talkative to everyone so it can be hard to tell. Here are some things she's done: 1)touching me often 2)ONCE Pretended to be boyfriend and girlfriend in a hypothetical situation 3)when we went to the Lab she followed me and told me she wanted to sit next to me 4)She's receptive when I touch her 5)Laughs at my dumb jokes 6) Gave me her number 6) picks up any graded papers that might be mine and gives them to me. I thought forsure she liked me but after the weekend she was very distant and hardly talked to me and her texts are very short, also I noticed she hardly asks me about myself or my personal life. Was I wrong about her? Do some girls just flirt or mess with guys for fun? Is it worth it to pursue her? I should also mention that I'm 19 and she's 24 so there's an obvious age difference
Updates:
+1 y
So I asked her out...I told her that was gonna be leaving for a vacation and that we should hangout before I go...she said she was going to Arizona for a week and couldn't...she didn't seem put off by my proposition at all but she wasn't enthusiastic either :/ what's weird is that we were flirting again today I laid my head on her in class and we kinda just teased each other...however at the same time she was more preoccupied with texting her friends which she does constantly
Do some girls just flirt or mess with guys for fun? Is it worth it to pursue her?
Add Opinion