Husband calls to check up on me all the time?

mtclark74
This might get a little confusing, but I will try my best. Currently, I'm separated from my husband, who lives in another state, and he constantly calls me from his friend's phone or his mom's phone to check up on me. The only thing is that sometimes he will not call me at all, and then all of a sudden he will call me but only calls to speak to me for less than 5 minutes. This is EVERY time he calls. He also gets mad at me if I call him just to talk to him, and he will scream at me if I do. Now, we are not legally separate; we are still married. I had to leave because of his behavior was affecting our children, and I decided to live with my mother in a different state to see if he would change.

Let me give some history: I'm 9 years older than him, have 3 children (1 is his), he smokes weed a lot and has been caught using other drugs that I'd never do, lived with his parents (not fun as I'm too old to be living with parents), would fight a lot, he's very emotionally and verbally abusive, no communication really in our relationship, and there's a lot more but that is the gist of it.

Before I left, my 4 y.o. daughter found an unused condom in our clean laundry. He tried to say it was some other guy's, and then he said that it isn't the kind he uses. OK... totally doesn't make sense as we never used any, so I started thinking that he definitely is cheating; not totally sure though because he lies a lot too. So, now, that I'm gone it's probably much easier to do it, and I don't hear from him when he says that he will call. All of a sudden, he will start calling asking me what I'm doing, where am I at, where are the kids, if I'm out are they with me or who are they with, have I gone out with my friends, etc. It's crazy, and I'm starting to think that he's up to something because when he calls he will only speak for about 5 minutes and then he has to go. So strange, and so not like him at all. So, I'm wondering if there are any guys (or girls) out there who have been through this, and what do you think? It's really starting to get on my nerves because I'm just not doing anything, trying to get a job, get my kids on a schedule and into daycare, and he's partying it up it seems to me while I'm trying to get my life straight here. I was thinking about staying with him, but seriously I think that it might be time to just let him go. Also, I'm thinking that I should go down there when I get some extra money, get the furniture and stuff that belongs to me out of his mom's house, and not tell him that I'm showing up to see if he is doing anything. What advice do you have for me?
+1 y
It's obvious that our relationship is up. I know for sure that I just want to go down there and get my things and put them in storage. Then, I will come back up here and file for divorce. I should have done that a long, long time ago, but I was hoping that he would change. It never happened and it never will. We also tried counseling, and he doesn't want to be a part of it. He doesn't want help; he doesn't think that he has a problem (with drugs, abuse, etc.); and I'm much happier without him.
2
0