Why do women (esp. good looking women) rarely open platonic conversations with men in bars/clubs?

bballairtight1
It's one thing that women don't 'approach' men that they are interested in, but what's the deal in not just making conversation with men in the club or even around town? ESPECIALLY since women are the ones always saying that they don't go to the club to necessarily meet someone, or to hook up- but rather go to HAVE FUN. Why are you women rarely seen having fun and meeting people then? I go the club a few times a week and I rarely if ever see attractive women opening men without a whole group initiating the act.

Considering how common it is to hear women claim that they go to the clubs mainly to have fun, it's really odd that I really can't ever remember a woman gesturing to me or giving me eye contact, or opening a conversation with men unless they wound up showing interest (the exception being women who are not single and are the loud and crazy type of girl). I just don't see women (and I'm talking about women in their comfort zone in groups of 2+) opening conversation with men unless they are interested; and even that is rare.
7
8