I asked him to not contact me, now I'm angry?

Hello GAG Friends,

To make a long story short. I began dating my high school sweetheart when I was 16 years old. We dated for 4 ½ years. We broke up due to how young we were and just the pressures of the real world once we graduated. Money & family were always an issue. Money on my part (I worked part time and for minimum wage barely making it by to pay some bills) because I have no family here in the US and he was supporting the both of us (somewhat). Family on his part-his mother hated me saying I was holding her son down and he could do better. Well circumstance an youth got the best of us and we broke up. He began partying and I became more focused on growing financially and getting my own things in order. 6 years later we keep in touch every once in a while. He had a baby 3 months ago (accidently with his girlfriend of 2 yrs) he called me to tell me the news of being a father. I congratulated him and he said he was very blessed and happy to be a father but wished that things with us would have worked out different. He said he misses me every day and constantly wonders “what if?” I always tell him to be happy and live his new life. Today he called with the same story. I got fed up and asked him to not call me any more. I am beginning to date someone I care about and his calls just make me sad and angry, I am 26 years old and resent the fact that after the brk up I begged him for four years for us to try and he always turned me down. Now he has everything we always talked about (kids, house, dog etc. you get the picture) with someone else and calls to tell me how he wishes I was her…It makes me sad…do I have a right to be angry?

I just don’t understand why now? Why after so long of me begging him? Now he decides oh yea I wish this was you and our family!

1
1