Dog play date a date?

Anonymous
There's this girl who I've known for a while, we both started to hang out as more for a few weeks (nothing physical) before she had some problems (family) and shut down and disappeared for a month. I attempted to keep in touch to let her know I was there. She did eventually come back and tell me what happened, that she was embarrassed and thought I'd think less of her, but I did my best to reassure her that wasn't the case (this was a month ago). It did throw a kink into our "dating," (no idea where we're at) and we really haven't seen each other since we started talking again. School has also kept us both busy, so schedules have been hectic.

She suggested the other day that her new puppy and my dogs should get together for a play date. I've never done this - is this just an excuse for her to see me? Or is something like this pretty harmless and platonic?
Dog play date a date?
1
1