+1 y

Do I like her because of the affection?

I knew this girl in high school who showed me a lot of affection, mainly through hugs. I am awful with the opposite gender, so I do not have any experience in judging what my feelings were towards her. I definitely find her attractive and she's pretty also. But I have trouble deciding if I have real feelings for her. Lets say I was to have sex with her; I am worried that in that hypothetical situation, I would lose my feelings for her afterward. This is partly why in reality I avoid a serious relationship with this girl, even though I would like to have one even if it doesn't involve sex. I've seen her twice after high school, both times because of chance. She gave me a hug both times and it makes my day. This is and there reason I am worried about my feelings. I never felt this way about anyone else. I fear it's because of the affection she's shown me in high school. I debate with myself whether or not I genuinely like her, or do I like her BECAUSE of the affection. Please answer and ask questions so I may clear up confusions.
+1 y
wow you guys are right! I'm afraid my feelings for her will stop, but I realize if that happens, then it happens. I can't let my own inexperience ruin things like this.
Do I like her because of the affection?
4
4