+1 y

Getting attention from guys?

Why do I get more attention when I make less of an effort?

Usually when I go out I make a bit of an effort with my appearance, ie. nice outfit, some subtle make-up and my hair slightly styled. I will usually get attention from/chatted up by a couple guys at maximum.

However, the other night I was having a drunken night in with my friends and we spontaneously decided to go to a local bar. I went out having made zero effort - pretty much no make up (and fairly blotchy skin to go along with it), hair definitely not at its best, average outfit. To top it off, I also probably looked pretty miserable as well, as I was tired, had sobered up while my friends were still drunk and was not in the mood to party anymore. Despite this, I was literally chatted up by one guy after another, also by a girl, and even asked out for dinner.

Why might this be - was it that I seemed more approachable? And girls, do you find the same happens for you?
Getting attention from guys?
2
2