+1 y

When does a girl decide she wants a relationship?

So I had a few week fling with a girl who I knew previously. We hit it off amazingly but she was moving 1000miles away. We had an instant comfort. We stayed the night at each others places(no sex) kissed frequently, held hands & it just felt more instant that anything I've experienced. After her move we stayed in touch. There were talks of me visiting but she stopped talking to me for a 10 day period out of the blue & I thought I lost her. Then she called back to apologize & we started talking again. We would call, text & exchange letters. Problem was we never talked about us in a romantic sense before or after she left. So I had no idea what our relationship was. Then a month ago I suggested me visiting as a last effort. She had mentioned me visiting in her letters but it never seemed like a concrete deal. Then she agreed for a visit. Once my trip was set she flooded me with contact for the 2 weeks leading to the visit. Still, nothing was ever romantic per say, very safe on both our parts. I'm excited to go but haven't seen her in 3 months so I don't know for sure if this will be a romantic visit or I would find myself in the friend zone since she has told me how nice I was. Well I get down there & the first night I go for a kiss. She tells me she's been waiting all night for me to do that. I say I like her she says she likes me even though we haven't had much time. I tell her I feel comfortable with her & she says the same about me. The rest of the weekend we act like a couple. There's PDA, I meet a couple who are her best friends down there, & she just seems so into me. She seemed comfortable being romantic with me in front of her friends & I when her mom called she called me by name, not "a friend" or anything like that. So that's all good. When I brought up what happens when I leave, she said she didn't now. Then went on the defense about long distance & how she'd been hurt before. This makes sense because she seems emotionally guarded sometimes & she also has a very important exam that will determine her career future that she will be taking for the 3rd time on her mind. She doesn't know what her future is for sure. Either staying down there or moving home if she fails again. So there's that aspect of it. This conversation also happened after a night of drinking. The next day I was cautious of her, thought she'd be distant but wasn't . I was quiet most the day & she apologized for being so defensive the night before. The morning I had to leave she gave me several long kisses & long hugs at her place & the airport. She'll be home Thanksgiving & said I'd see her. She def didn't want me to go. The thing is though since I'm back home she's not been so communicative. I know she's busy but I called last night & got no call back then or tonight. Her exam is in 2 days but I figured a call isn't that much. I sent her a care pack last week which she said she loved so I think I'm doing my part. I know how I feel about her but don't know what she thinks.

+1 y
I guess my real question is that is what should I expect? When I'm with her there's obviously a connection & we like each other. I just don't know what that translates to on her end. She is very focused right now & the outcome of the exam will determine her life for now, so I know I'm not top priority. I'm just trying to figure out what I should be expecting from her right now so I am patient & smart about it for herself & me.
1
0