+1 y

Should I switch my area of study in graduate school to have stability after graduation?Having doubts.

I'm 24 years old. I have a background in Multimedia and cinema studies. I am in my first semester at a top graduate film school in L.A. I'm currently having doubts about whether I can do well in the industry mostly due to the economy and competitiveness.

I am thinking of switching program and schools to study for M.A. in clinical psychology at Pepperdine. However, this is a drastic change. I've always been interested in culture, human nature/mind, and the overall human condition. This is how I got involved with storytelling. However, I think research part of it will be a nice change from the physical production and tight deadlines for screenwriting. I'm just exhausted. I have other things going on in my life like getting over a break up , my parent's divorce, and my brother's autism. I feel overwhelmed. It has affected my work. I'm not sure if this feeling is temporary or not. I don't know what to do.
3
1