+1 y

Are we friends with benefits?

Hooking up with my ex.... are we friends with benefits or something more?

I had been dating this guy for just over ten months when he broke up with me all of a sudden about a month before we were supposed to start college together saying that he felt like I was keeping him from seeing his friends and he wasn't happy anymore. After we broke up we hung out a few times, and when we did he acted a lot like he did when we were dating. We even hooked up one time. afterward he said that we couldn't let that happen again because were just friends. Then a few weeks into school we ended up at the same party one night. I was pretty upset with him at that point because I had heard rumors about him having sex with other girls right after we broke up, and I ended up making out with a guy right in front of him. He was extremely upset and cut off all contact with me after that. We didn't talk at all for about two months. Two weeks ago we had dinner together, and we've hung out almost everyday since then. I spend the night with him quite often, and we usually hook up, but he doesn't seem to care if we dont. he's very sweet with me, holding my hand and kissing my forehead, things like that. We were talking today and he said just because were not dating doesn't mean I don't care about you.. were friends. I am still in love with him, and I think I would like to get back with him eventually, but I'm so confused about what he wants. I'm afraid that he's just leading me on and I'm going to get hurt all over again. I don't want to talk with him about it yet because I'm hoping things will just progress naturally. Any advice?
Are we friends with benefits?
Add Opinion