+1 y

For the Ladies: How might a guy in a wheelchair make his romantic intentions obvious?

Hello, all.

I just recently turned 22. I'm in my final year of college, and I should also mention I have Cerebral Palsy. I can't walk independently, but my speech and upper motor skills are fine.

And right now, I am consistently frustrated that not only have I never had any kind of a romantic relationship at all, but have never even been successful in getting a girl to go out with me.

I know very well I have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to actually asking a girl out, but I consider myself a positive, nice person; and I pride myself on being able to have a conversation with almost anyone.

I'm still working on getting to the point where I can honestly look in the mirror and accept the wheelchair in romantic scenarios, but I honestly do feel that it's hard for me to communicate that I have feelings like the average guy. I feel like my inability to walk has put me in a situation where a woman would never consider me to have any sort of those feelings. Maybe it's why I'm so easily able to befriend some very attractive women---like the first girl I ever asked out, I don't think any girls really expect it (The reactions have usually run the gamut from bluntly surprised, to gentle rejection).

All I can do is keep on soldiering on, but there are times when I just feel really frustrated.

Ladies, what should I do?
5
2