+1 y

What does this guy mean when he say this to a girl?

There this guy that I had been seeing we met 2 years ago and I like him back then but then he dated one of my friends which upset me at the time, they broke up within in few weeks of being together. Then I moved to Sydney to study and got over the situation. A few months later he moved to Sydney for work. He text me to ask if I wanted to catch up and he decided that we go to watch a movie and he let me choose the movie to watch. Within 15 min of the movie we started to hold hands, kiss and cuddle up to each other. As we left the cinema he held my hand and hugged me and this continued on whislt in his car. He dropped me off at the train station and I leaned over to kiss him and enjoyed it. After that we constantly texted each other and he even sent encouragement text messages during my exam period when I was stressed out. Then after my exams he decided to take me out for dinner. He rang to tell me that he wanted to take me to this cool place and we chatted over the phone for a bit. The night of the dinner went well we chatted away and laughed. But it the next fews day after the dinner, I realized that something was wrong because it was rare that he would not reply to my texts. But I thought that may have run out of credit so I left him alone. But after the 4 day of not receiving anything I thought that something was wrong. So I sent him a text asking him if everything was okay because I had not heard from him in awhile. Telling that I missed hearing from him and loved having his company. He replied with that "it was awkward when I said that he was evil and mean and could not think of anything else to say about him . He knew that I like being with him and he didn't want to take advantage of that and that it was hard for us to just be friends". I replied with the fact that what I said what not intended to hurt him and if I did, I was really sorry. I said that he was a lovely person and would love to spend more time with him. He replied with the harshest message, saying that I was right and that he deserved better. The fact that there are many other nicer girls out there wanting to meet up with him. He said sorry that he would not like to catch up with me. I would have to be a nice person, all my friends say that I am the most polite and kind person,

What I don't understand is that how can someone take it so seriously, when I said that he was evil and mean. I was just joking and did not mean it to be taken seriously. I say it to my friends and they just laugh.

And the another problem is that why would he send one lovely message then after my reply such a harsh and rude message back. The first message he indicates that he likes me but then the second message says that he does not want to see me. What is this guy doing it don't understand?

+1 y
At the moment I am ignoring him completely cause I am pissed off. Do you think that he may fell bad about what he has done and tell me that he wants to see me again?
2
1