+1 y

I like this girl but she's been overseas for a long time, how should I go about asking her out?

So trying to put this as briefly as I can I don't honestly know where I stand with this girl anymore. The last time I saw her in person we'd made out for a good portion of the night, but she'd also said she couldn't handle anything serious right now and didn't want to hurt me, she was going overseas for several months.

We'd only been friends up until about a week before then, when at a party we both drank a bit much, started flirting a lot, and then we slipped away and clothes started coming off (but nothing ended up happening that night).

So after all this, she goes overseas, I assumed she meant 'I'm not interested' when she said she couldn't handle anything serious then. It made sense, she was going to be gone for several months. But not even a few weeks into her trip I started getting messages and Facebook posts from her asking what was going on back here and how things were going for me.

Despite a massive time difference we're talking every 2-3 days about pretty much everything. I promised to throw her a welcome home party, she asked me to wear my army shirt for it because she 'loves it' on me. She's started sharing secrets though too, and I'm kinda worried I'm getting friend zoned.

If I don't talk to her for a week or so she'll message me asking what's up. We've kept in consistent contact even though both of us dated someone briefly while she's been gone (though it failed for both of us). She's coming back in a month and I'm really wondering now what to do when she comes back.

Better to just be friendly for now? Or try to host a semi-romantic 'welcome back' night out?
2
0