+1 y

Why can't I make friends? What's wrong with me?

I am 22 years old, about to graduate from college, and have an extremely hard time making friends.

I attempt to make friends where ever I can. I belong to three clubs and play two sports, all of which I've been involved in for four years, but have yet to make friends from any of them. I talk to people in classes and in public, to people in my dorm, and to coworkers and customers, but it seems few people want anything to do with me.

I'm not shy. I was start a conversation with anyone about anything. The problem is that people either don't talk to me at all or will make polite conversation but nothing more. I try to be happy, friendly, and smile when I interact with people, but for some reason they seem repelled by me.

It's been this way for as long as I can recall, since I was at least 13, and I have to imagine that if I have this much trouble then the issue is with me.
+1 y
*I WILL start a conversation...

Sorry, it's late.
3
1