+1 y

Having trouble making friends at college...?

So I've been at college for almost three months now. I'm almost 1500 miles from home and its been quite a change not havig the comfort of home when I need it.

I have a real problem when it comes to social anxiety. Anything from eating in front of people to being at a party really sends my anxiety into overdrive.

Si of course being in a completely new social situation its been difficult for me to put myself out their. I'm not unfriendly but I am self concious to a point where I just can't start a convo with someone infear of bein judged.

Also, story of my life, I break out in red hot itchy hives when I'm embarassed nervous anxious or really any if the above and then people ask why and it makes it ten times worse.

I thought Id made some frineds but lately I just feel really out of place. Theyre all really outgoing and I'm pretty reserved. Of course when I drink that's a social stimulant so I'm really outgoing then but I defintely dnt want to rely on alcohol just to have frends.

I guess I'm just looking for some help and or advice

Dont be mean because chances are itll make me have super anxiety.
1
1