+1 y

I just went for coffee with my ex. Why does it hurt so bad!?

Me and my ex were together for 5 years from high school. We broke up in January this year and since September I have been with this other guy.

My current boyfriend doesn't really treat me the way I want to be treated and I started to miss my ex. We made contact again a week ago after a year of no contact. It was not weird at all. He told me how he misses me and that he still thinks I am his future wife. He asked my sister yesterday how he could win my heart back. Today we went for coffee and he did not stop talking about himself. I didn't mind that but he mentioned exes a few times and he also told me that there is this girl he likes but he is not looking for anything serious and neither is she. That hurt a little but then his phone rang and he talked for about 10 minutes. When I asked him who it was he told me it was her. That REALLY hurt. Why would he take her phone call while he was with me (even though we are just friends now). We both know we want something more, just not now. And I still have a boyfriend. . . whom I didn't say ANYTHING about the whole conversation.

Is he still in love with me or is he just spinning some story for me and my sister? I burst out in tears when I got to work. I do still love him.
+1 y
Yes he is my first love. I told him yesterday that it hurt me and that I don't feel we are ready to be friends. He responded and said yes he is just going to try to win me back and dissapoint me again. Our lives are too different now and he doesn't know if he is ready to change his lifestyle right now. He said that I only want to get back together because I am in a crap relationship and anything would look good at this point. He still loves me a lot but that is why he knows I deserve better. WTF
3
5