+1 y

Is there something wrong with me? I'm terrible with women.

For whatever reason, girls see me as creepy. I used to be pretty shy around girls and I realized I needed to get out of that, so I started just going up and talking. Now, I'm no longer shy but feel nervous. As a result, many times, I come across as awkward and some girls take that as creepy. Like there have been times I go up to talk and run out of things to say, and might stutter a bit. Girls see that as creepy also. It's not that I'm unconfident, it's just that I'm naturally an introvert and trying to be extroverted and outgoing is sort of out of my comfort zone and it isn't natural for me. I also struggle with when to approach and when not to approach. I might approach girls at the wrong time or approach too often, leading them to see me as creepy.

Once people get to know me, they often tell me I'm pretty likeable. They say I'm nice, funny, and sweet. It's just making the leap from total stranger to someone I know that I struggle with. Don't get me wrong, there are some girls who like me, but I don't feel anything towards them as much as I get to know them, so don't want to lead them on. I'm just frustrated because I'm trying but keep striking out when it comes to girls I like. It hurts when I see guys my age being so smooth and I'm struggling. At my age (18), I shouldn't be like this. Any advice?
3
3