+1 y

Do I keep ignoring him or?

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me on Saturday. We were seemingly happy, I didn't see it coming until the day of. He said "we aren't compatible. we just don't work in a relationship. I can't explain it. but I love you and care about you and want you in my life. I hope you can find it in your heart to be my friend" A week before he was telling me how much he loved me and needed me and how happy he was and bought me my Christmas present and told me what he wanted for Christmas. He does have a lot going on in his life and has been stressed and has been pretty depressed in general but I am not sure if that matters. Now he has been texting me ever since Saturday. Not really saying anything important. Like one day he said "if it makes you feel any better, nick is treating me like sh*t because of this" nick is his brother/best friend who has been comforting me and pretty much telling me how stupid his brother is and how he thinks I'm the best girlfriend he has ever had. nick's girlfriend has been saying the same thing as well. Then he thanked me for giving his stuff back via text and then liked a Facebook post of mine and then sent me a sad face thing via text after realizing I Haven't responded in like 4 or 5 days. what the eff is going on? and should I keep ignoring him or what? I have no idea how he came to the conclusion to break up with me and I have no idea why he keeps texting me. help!
Do I keep ignoring him or?
Add Opinion