+1 y

Should I ask her out? Do you believe she will say yes if I ask her out?

There is this girl I'm studying with in college. We began our degree at the same time and I should finish this semester, while she should finish in two semesters. Thus, as there isn't a high probability I will see her again, I was wondering if I should ask her out. I'll explain more in depth farther, thus if you don't want to read everything, just read the next paragraph...

She recently changed her Facebook status from "Into a relationship" to nothing. A few days ago, in class, we did eye contact for a long time and she finally looked down. A few days before, we were sitting together at a table with a mutual friend, and we stared to each other for a long time, until she finally looked down, and I thought to myself "Oh my God, she's really beautiful!", that's when I realized I'm into her... But, apart from her unknown relationship status, there is also the problem the previously named mutual friend seems to be a c***blocker who doesn't know he is in the friend zone... Anyway, if I'm going to ask her out, I was thinking about waiting after the finals and holidays frenzy and then to send her a message asking her if she would like to go for coffee. That way, she isn't romantically interested - at least a the moment - there is always the possibility to say I was saying this only in a friendly way... What are your thoughts about that?

As for the extra details, we never really talked to each other until one year ago, when we did a paper together with the said mutual friend, but we were still nothing more than acquaintance after that. It began to change at the beginning of this semester, when we ran into each other alone a lot. She even invited me to her birthday party and presented me as a friend.

I know she was in a relationship until last spring, when she broke up. She made a new boyfriend during the summer, but I'm unsure it was really serious. He already has kids and a stable job and when I saw them together at her birthday, they acted as if they have the same relationship that she has with anyone else there. So, I believe her relationship status change on Facebook could mean they broke up. As for our mutual friend who seems to be friendzoned without knowing it, well, they hug each other, he helps her a lot at school, etc. I don't believe she's romantically interested in him.
+1 y
I also saw her looking at me from the corner of my eye.
1
0