+1 y

He thinks it's not his place?

my partner and I have been together for almost six years and have two kids together and through out our whole relationship when I feel he should have my back and step in and defend me he just stands by and watches or tells me to shut up, he tells me its not his job to defend me I'm big enough to fight my own battles and yes in some cases I agree but if his brother is giving me a hard time or his mates I feel he should be on my side, on my 25th birthday my own brother threw a drink in my face for punching him in the arm and not one person including my partner said anything sure I shouldn't have punched him in the arm but I felt that was a bit over the top but once again by partner stayed right out of it, does he really give a sh*t about me?
+1 y
ok it seems everyone seems to be focusing on me punching my brother in the arm and not really answering my question only one person even bothered to ask why I punched my brother in the arm. I feel you have all been quick to label me abusive over a small issue with my brother that I was using as an example of a time my partner hasn't defended me when I felt he should have naturally wanted to protect me if he really feels the way about that he says he does
+1 y
I find it hard to believe that the people who answered my question so far haven't had issues with there siblings and that any of you men who answered would do nothing if someone threw a drink in your girls face and that the women who answered would let her man do nothing about it! I'll tell you about me and my BROTHER since you seem to think its so important to the question I was actually asking , My brother is six years older than me and twice the bloody size and he is a nasty spiteful bully
+1 y
the year I turned 25 he was turning 31, he spent the whole night at my 25th calling me names and pulling my bests friends hair so after a few drinks I gave him a few punches in the arm because well he is a prick and isn't shy about hitting me (because "sisters don't count as girls... pow!" as he used to say), and he threw his drink in my face, I was sitting on my partners lap at the time I stood up walked into the house and had a shower and got changed nobody said anything
He thinks it's not his place?
5
1