+1 y

Help I need an answer by tomorrow! How to talk to him without making it awkward?

Ok the story is really complicated and I hope you understand when I say I want to avoid an awkward moment. I met this guy when I was 15, he came to my 15th birthday party with his cousin, whom is a really good friend of mine, we were kind of introduced then, we have never talked ever since . That was two years ago. Now, a couple of months ago I saw him at a party and immediately recognized him, I couldn't believe it was him. I wanted to say hi but what if he didn't recognized me? That would have been really embarrassing especially considering he was with his friends. Since that party I have been seeing him all around town, even in places I would have never imagined he could be at, for example I even realized he goes to the same church I go to, and that one of his friends is my next door neighbor. I really want to talk to him but I don't know what to say or how to approach him. Now it gets even more complicate, he was accepted in med school and he is leaving next semester to the nearest big city. Which isn't that far aw anyways :P. And I want to talk to him before he leaves. Now tomorrow is one of my friend's birthday and he is throwing a huge party, and he is going to be there. I think this is my opportunity and I don't want to waste it.. Please HELP! I am not very good at taking first steps so I just want to know how to approach him and talk to him without making it awkward.

Thanks in advance for the answers.
2
2