+1 y

Do guys actually do this?

We met at a friends place and really hit it off but we go to colleges far away from each other so for the first month after me met we only talked over the phone. He got his family car and since then we've seen each other every weekend. Everything was going great. When we were together we'd say how perfect it felt and we had a great time. When we weren't together we'd talk every day and say how we miss each other. We knew we wouldn't be seeing each other for a few weeks because I was going home for the holidays. The last night we spent together was amazing. We went out to dinner and walked around the mall together and then spent the rest of the night in bed watching movies. All night it felt like he was trying to say something to me but then would stop and just smile at me. I asked him and he just told me he really liked me and would miss me for the next few weeks. We talked the next day when he got home but at night he just stopped replying. He didn't say anything until the next night and we talked a bit but he was studying for an exam so it didn't last long and he said good night. The next 2 days he barely said anything and when he did it would be 1 or 2 words. Then we didn't talk at all for a few days (because I just stopped trying to hold a conversation). Last night he started talking and we were for a bit but again he just stopped answering me back. It's over bbm so I know that he's read what I sent him.

I feel so confused now. Everything was going great and he still talks to me just it's different than before. Could it be that he realizes he misses me a lot and how much he feels and is trying to not feel any more? Like protect himself almost? It's just there's no way he went from how he was to how it is now because he stopped caring. I also thought it could be that his friend is telling him to back off a bit, like play hard to get.
+1 y
It's not that he's studying for exams because he still goes out with friends.
Do guys actually do this?
1
2