+1 y

Is this blackmail? Does this sound like I'm bing selfish when asking her for date?

I've known this girl for a few months now and ever since I met her I've wanted to be with her. She's a great girl and she is absolutely stunning. I've already asked her out on a date like 7 times (that's how much I like her) and she has said no every single time. She has been nice about it every single time. She's not a bitch or anything. Anyway, we got into a long talk and suddenly we got to talking about family and she was telling me how her younger brother needs help with maths because he has an exam coming up. I'm studying a maths degree so I asked her if he needed help and that I could tutor him (without the payment) for a while. She said that would be great so I did. I finished helping him out about 1 week ago. She then said "Thank you so much, is there anything I can do to make it up to you?". I then said to her "How about coming on that date with me now?". That's the 8th time I've asked her out now. I could tell I put her in an uncomfortable position and she was hesitant. She replied "Oh, ummmmm, I'm sorry, no, I'm really sorry. Is there anything else I can do to make it up to you?". I felt bad for putting her in an awkward position. I just replied "No thank you, I don't want anything else from you" and then we both just smiled at each other and I walked away.

Does this sound like I'm blackmailing her into coming on a date with me? I didn't help out her brother so I could get a date from her, I did it because I like helping people out, and I don't really expect anything in return. Also, was I being too much of a pushover which is why she doesn't want to come on a date with me?

2
3