+1 y

How come it's OK to put down attractive people but not average/ugly people?

Right before a start I'm not saying I'm gorgeous or anything like that, but I get told often that I am pretty and as big headed as it sounds I know I am quite good looking, I work out and do take care of myself

My point is, if you are attractive other girls think its perfectly OK to call you ugly or stuck up or a s*ut (or any other kind of insult) yet if someone calls say a bigger girl fat then its bullying.

I'm not saying I want to start insulting people, but other girls shouldn't think they can call people names because they put an effort into their appearance.

I have a large group of friends, and we are all different, I'm not being rude but some of my friends are a bit overweight, and some just don't make much of an effort with their appearance, but on the other side of things some of my friends are gorgeous, and even though I can get jealous of them I'm not going to bring them down to make them feel better. As corny as it sounds everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, so just because someone might look better than you... it doesn't mean they are better than you.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm stuck up or anything.. just wanted to ask the question oh and sorry for rambling on for so long lol!

Thanks in advance :P
1
2