+1 y

I've heard that he "felt bad because he was rejected"?

So I used to be friends with this guy that ended up being my prom date (I thought we went as friends) then throughout the night he tried to hook up with me. I kept saying no because A) I didn't think he actually liked me (i'm not the kind of girl who randomly hooks up with people) and B) because I actually liked him, but didn't want to be 'just another number' because he was known as sort of a player. My best friend told me that night that he 'actually liked me' and that I should hook up with him, but she's the kind of person that will say anything to manipulate you. I still didn't hook up with him though.

After prom, he got weird, like not being so friendly. and this was in may. since then, we've both moved, so it's hard to keep in touch, even if we wanted to. I messaged him 3 times over the past 6 months, being friendly like hey what's up? trying to be friendly. but he just ignores me. just tonight I messaged him like "hey apparently I'm seeing your cousin Saturday" (at a NYE party, his cousin is best friends with my good friend) and he responded "Niiice! tell him I say hi! :D" then I was like "Wow a response for the first time in 6 months? Lol. But will do" then he didn't respond, then I said "wait when's the last time you talked to him?" but I don't know if he went to sleep or is ignoring me again.

I just want to know what you think happened along the way. I've heard that he "felt bad because he was rejected" and stuff like that, but it really seems like he just doesn't even want to be friends again. I'd like to be friends again, obviously, but I don't know where everything went wrong. and it must be on his part, because I haven't changed :(
2
2