+1 y

I still have feelings for my Ex - what do I do now?

I recently received a text message from my ex on the day after Christmas and on New Year's Eve. Before these two text, me and her haven't spoken in about two months. Both exchanges of text where short and I'm not sure if I should try initiating any more conversations or texts with her.

The situation is a bit complicated because she is seeing someone else and I guess her and this guy get into a lot of arguments - but I do believe that she cares for this other guy. To make things a bit more complicated, after me and her broke up, I spent almost six months texting her, calling her, and doing whatever I could to try and remain friends with her - until I finally had to walk away.

At this point, I'm just not sure what I should do? Although she contacted me, I'm just not sure if she is really ready to try and be friends. Then with her situation with her dating someone else and as a friend I wonder if she doesn't just need space so that she can work things out with him.

So I guess, I just need everyone's advice on if they think initiating any type of conversation/texts with her is appropriate? Perhaps it is not the wises thing to do, but we all make dumb decisions though out our life.
+1 y
I appreciate everyone's answers but what I'm really looking to find out is from the ladies perspective, at what point would getting a text from me not be appreciated. I'm not trying to win her back, just trying to be there as a friend if she wants it. Yes, I still have feelings for her but I'm ready to move on and be there as a friend if she wants it.
2
2