+1 y

Why don't I have a boyfriend? Please give me your opinion!

I've never really had a boyfriend before and I'm almost 19. There have only been about 4 people who confessed to me during all my high school years, and although there were many more who asked me "out", but it was not explicitly on a date! however, I either was not physically attracted to the guy, or I didn't have fun when I'm with him. maybe I'm too shallow since physical attractiveness is almost like a prerequisite? But I feel that that's normal and my taste isn't very picky at all...but this resulted in me never been on a real date and never having a boyfriend. I was content with this in hs but now that I'm in university, I feel that I'm ready to have a real relationship. But there hasn't been any guy showing interest in me and a semester has passed, so I'm just wondering why and what I'm doing wrong...

I'm not model gorgeous, but I don't consider myself ugly..I'm Asian and pretty short, and I'm on the cute (not hot) side of things. I'm quite successful academically and extracurricularly ( quite career-focused also). I'm only a little shy, but I don't really like going to parties and haven't been actively meeting new people (I usually meet people through friends). I'm funny and can definitely hold a conversation..I see my friends getting college boyfriends and couldn't help but wonder why I couldn't...am I just not attractive enough or is it something more? Or maybe going to parties ( I really don't want to) is the only way? Please help!
2
2