+1 y

I'm a little confused, why doesn't he say anything?....please read and please help

This guy and I have had our ups and downs in the last year. We never dated, we just run into each other at this local bar. He does treat me different, teases me like crazy or jokes around. If I get there after him, I go and sit next to him or by him. He always glances at me and looks like he's seen a ghost and then will not talk to me, just stares down at his phone frigid. I try and talk but he'll only say a few things. Then out of no where , after about 2 beers...he'll turn to me like nothing, smiling, happy, teasing me and telling me stories.He might even be brave and tap me on the hand or arm. Don't worry - I do it back to kind of let him know it's ok.

Now, if I am there first and he comes in...one of 2 things happens. He'll either sit away from me completely. Or he'll sit near me but at least one seat away. I've tried the "fine if you're going to be that way I'll just ignore you" route and he somehow manages to get my attetion and make me smile and laugh. If he sits away, I have to approach him. Like he's nervous? He's NOT annoyed, it's not even that he's JUST being polite, he's teasing and being goofy, He's happy to say hello and chit chat, the thing is that he CAN NOT look at me...just a glance.

Also, I'm always the one that has to text him. He never initiates. The funny thing is that if other men talk to me at the bar and he is sitting a few seats down, THEN he'll text me and joke around...maybe to keep my attention? It always works *can you tell I like him?* I have teased him about why he won't respond to my texts and he joked "uhhh it's THE woman again." I interjected THE woman? He giggled and was all smiles "yea, tell her sure, what ever you want. look I didn't even read it. (as he was responding and said that, We're forever play fighting and joking and teasing. It still hurts that he doesn't text or seem to want to move forward. Is he scared? I recently asked why he remembers little things about me for a person that forgets EVERYTHING...he said rather seriously that he only remembers things about people he cares about. And gets jealous of other ment talking to me?! I am SO CONFUSED. This hasbeen going on for some time.Does he not care? His last 2 relationships were terrible AND I'm a lot younger than him.
1
1