+1 y

Gave me a bunch of hugs on my way out of his house, is that goodbye or I might still like you?

My friend and I had a long chat about what has happened in our past. He used to like me, I liked him, we dated, to simplify, he broke up with me, later on said he was just using me, 1.5 years later confessed that there were feelings, but that he was also using me at the same time... I suggested that we take some time apart so he can figure things out. He agreed.

However, on my way out the door, when I thought things were fine, he gave me like 8 million hugs! Not sure what kind of hugs these were... if there is such a thing? He just stood there holding me for at least a minute straight... plus the other hugs he gave me! It was like he didn't want me to go, but knew I had to at the same time? We stood there for 5-10 minutes hugging and re-hugging. Was that a goodbye I won't ever see you again hug? Or a, let me remind you of what it's like to be with me hug? Or... something else? Maybe nothing? I was pretty ready just to walk out the door, but he wanted to stand there and hold me for a while. Idk, just seemed odd. Any thoughts on that?
0
1