+1 y

Is it really this hard to be social?

So my new years resolution is to take better care of myself, emotionally, physically and intellectually. I decided I would start attending social networking events to become more social and make new friends. So I put on a nice dress , did my hair and went to this wine tasting events at an upscale hotel/restaurant. The only people that showed interest in talking were guys, one of which couldn't stop checking me out, and seem not to care about what I was saying.

I tried to join in on other conversations, but no one seemed interested. I finally find people my age...they are all talking to each other and seem not to even want me in the convo. Ugghhh, this being social thing is hard. Why do I feel like a fool? and like I don't even belong. I went a skiing event, because I want to learn to ski, but I feel like a loser that didn't even belong.

Gosh this is hard...really hard to correct 26 years of being shy and semi antisocial :( Any advice?
+1 y
Basically my new years resolution is to step out of my comfort zone and start doing the things I desire, and stop putting other people's needs before mine ( I am little too nice especially with guys). I went to this event hoping to meet other women, but I met no one.
Is it really this hard to be social?
2
0