+1 y

My ex texted me after a year, I didn't respond, now I have regrets because he has a new girl ...

My ex-boyfriend and I were together for 2.5 years. We broke up 1.5 year ago, because we wanted different things in life. Basically he didn't want to commit to me and take things a level higher. He was also on his guard and checking other girls out. He was just waiting for me to break-up with him. He acted very nasty the day we broke-up. I tried to reason with him, but his mind was already made up. We were over. Amazingly, in the post break-up period all contact was made by him. He asked how I was doing, if I was feeling alright, If I had a good birthday, if we could catch up for drinks. But I didn't respond to his message. I was so hurt and trying to get over him. He just wanted to be friends. I just couldn't. Then in August he texted me that it's been a year since we've split and that he thinks a lot about me, and that he would like to know how I'm doing and that he understands I don't want to talk to him. 3 months later he posts a picture of him kissing a girl on FB. I swore I would never check his FB again. It hurt like hell. But the feeling is still here, I have butterflies when I think about him. Almost like I regret not trying to make up with him when I had the chance. But how can you stay with someone that only thinks about himself and doesn't consider his partner's feelings ? Thanks for reading, K-
1
2