+1 y

Is it true that if a guy wants you, he will pursue you and you shouldn't have to ask him?

I'm mainly looking for a guy's perspective, but all are welcome!

I am in grad school and there has been some sexual tension the whole time between me and a friend that I go to school with. I never thought he actually liked me just because he talked about other girls to me, so I never acted on anything out of fear of ruining our friendship.

So long story short, somehow we got to flirting a week or so ago at a party with our group of friends. He ended up saying "I think we could share the couch tonight" since we were staying at a mutual friend's place. We ended up fooling around a bit on the couch after everyone went to sleep and he was like "You know, normally I don't do this." and I said "Yeah me either." And he goes "If we were on the verge of dating and it didn't work out, like what would happen?" and I said I would treat him the same way I'm treating him now. He then asked if I had thought about "it" before, if you catch my drift...and I said yes, and he agreed. He also said that he doesn't want to tell any of our friends that this happened because "if it doesn't work out, they'd all have to know."

He texts me on a daily basis or makes some kind of contact, and we talk exactly how we did prior to fooling around.

BUT----he hasn't asked me out yet, so I'm kind of confused. It's been over a week. He was talking about "being on the verge" of whatever, but hasn't tried to make any plans, so I'm confused?

Do I have to ask him?
4
1