+1 y

My guy never compliments me

My guy never compliments me about anything. I’ve tried talking to him about it and he doesn’t seem to understand what I’m saying. And before anyone says maybe he’s like that I’ve known him to compliment how hot, sexy, etc other girls he was dating are. I’ve told him I always want him to be honest with me and I guess he was raised if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. It just makes me feel bad. He obviously likes me enough to have sex with me. I mean couldn’t he find something nice to say. My hair smells good or something? I’m kind of insecure and have pretty low self-esteem. (I’m fairly overweight which I’m working on.) He tells me all the time he loves me and that looks don’t matter. (yeah great every girl wants to hear from a guy she thinks is f’n hot that looks don’t matter) I know I can’t make him find me attractive and if he suddenly started saying I was hot I would know he was lying but we’ve been together for 2 years now (known him for 10 years) and I feel like he has to be sticking around for some reason. Am I expecting too much? I compliment him all the time. Girls he’s dated in the past have ranged from beautiful to girls that were just as big as I am. He’s a really sweet guy. I just want him to like me like I like him.
My guy never compliments me
Add Opinion