Did he ever love me? if so, why didn't he fight for me?

Anonymous
I met this guy during my business trip. He is married but they don't live together anymore. He said that they both don't love each other anymore but they can't just divorce because he doesn't want to hurt his parents (filial pity). We clicked and we started sleeping together. He was getting ready to file for a divorce and be with me when the wife decided to move back to him. Their parents also started to begged them to stay together. My boyfriend is of Chinese descent and filial pity is important. After his parents and in laws talk to him. He asked me to not waste my time being with him and that I should forget him and move on because he doesn't see any future for us anymore. I left and it really hurts. After a week, he asked me to come back and I took him back because I love him so much. After 4 months, he told me that his wife has been telling him that they should have kids. His plan when he asked me back is that by not having sex with his wife and not paying attention to her will force his wife to file a divorce but instead, she wanted to have kids.

His parents and his wife's parents has been asking them to have kids too. Now, he is telling again that he loves me so much but he just doesn't have the courage to disobey his parents especially that they are old so he doesn't want to hurt their feelings. He doesn't want to lose me but he doesn't want to be so selfish and now he is asking me to move on. I don't want to leave him but he is is pushing me away. He still pick up my phone calls when I call him. He patiently answer my repetitive questions. When I tell him that I want him back. He tells me he can't take me back because he can't see any future for us. He told me that I will only get hurt again and again if he takes me back. He said he'd rather hurt me now (by pushing me away) than hurt me repeatedly (if he take me back).

I know and I can feel that he loves me a lot but I sometimes question that because he didn't fight for me. It's been 6 months. He still pick up my calls and talk to me for hours but he still refuse to meet with me. I am still trying to move on. Question for you guys, did he really loved me?

I still ask him this question and he refuse to answer but I don't usually hang up the phone until he gives me an answer. He always tells me that he loves me BUT there's no future for us. He tells me to go out, date and meet new people but he said that he doesn't want to know if I go out on a date. So guys, did he really love me? If he did love me or still love me, why can't he fight for me?

It would be nice to hear from somebody who have Asian descend too.
1
1