+1 y

Is she confused, does she want something more but is afraid her past will ruin things?

I've had a lot of friends that are girls, but in the last few months one has become one of my best friends more than any ever in the past. She used to be a stripper, but I'm not judging based on past. We were both I'm relationships when we met, so we knew each other were off limits, but we always talked as friends. Eventually her relationship fell apart, then mine a few months later. She kept leaving not so subtle hints, and sometimes blatantly asking if she had a shot or saying she'd love a chance to date me. We hang out from time to time, and a couple times we ended up sleeping together.

The confusing part is she seems to have changed from wanting to date so badly to now she doesn't want a relationship, however she wants to keep me as a friend. She said it maybe we should take a break from each other, but then one morning agree texted me at 5:30 AM needing someone to talk to.

She says I'm like no other guy she's known and that I am the exception to every rule, and constantly seems to think she's bothering me and says I have too much going for me and she doesn't want to be a negative impact. At times she seems extremely close, and other times she is still friendly but creates distance.

She also changes right in front of me. That's not something a normal friend does...is she so comfortable with me and her body because she was a stripper, or what is that even about?

Is she confused, does she want something more but is afraid her past will ruin things? Is she afraid of heartbreak again? Why so hot and cold? We do live two hours apart (she moved after she quit stripping). She said she wasted much of her life with the wrong guys (her last boyfriend was the one who got her into stripping). Is she afraid I'm going to turn out like the rest, even though she says I'm the exception to everything?

She has said she wants to find the right guy, get married, and all that...and she was talking to some guy and she cut him off once she found out he didn't want anything other than sex, yet she seems to almost act like she wants to be friends with benefits with me, even though she knows I'm a one woman guy and not into casual sex. I can't figure this out at all.
+1 y
Just an update for anyone who was might be in the least bit curious. A week and a half ago she said she wanted to take the next step with me, so now we're in a relationship.
2
2