+1 y

Does my ex miss me and want me back or is he just being cordial?

Okay, so about a month ago my boyfriend and I broke up because we argued a lot (mainly my fault because I didn't take care of some personal issues that could have prevented this from happening). He said the fights were escalating and things were not working out anymore. He insisted that we remain friends because he thinks I'm a great person, but romantically we aren't compatible. I asked him if he would ever consider dating me again in the future and he said "I'm not sure. Only time can tell." Soooo...what in the world does that mean?! So anyways, I told him I didn't want to be friends so for a month we didn't speak. I have caught him looking at me several times during band practice (I'm on colorguard, he is in band). He also looks buffer and is dressing differently (in a good way). My friend also told me that he asked how I was doing. During school he bumped into me and asked how my mom was doing (she has breast cancer) and then told me to have a good rest of the day. Then about two days ago after our first football game, a bunch of my friends decided to go to ihop. My friend asked my ex who was going and then he asked if I was going and told my friend that I am welcome to come if I want to. At ihop he tried talking to me several times. He reminded me of something funny I did last year when we were dating. I mainly just talked to my girl friends. He seemed to be listening to my conversations a lot. Then the next day I texted him for the first time and he texted back very quickly and seemed rather excited. Sooo...are these signs that he likes me still and would consider getting back together or am I over thinking things and he is just trying to be friendly? I'm REALLY confused at the moment and I would appreciate some help with this!
1
1