+1 y

Am I Wrong To Be Angry At My Boyfriend?

Last year my boyfriend of two years announced that his family would be traveling to Europe in a year for vacation. His family and him invited me to go. I was so excited! I have never left the United States! My boyfriend said ,"don't worry about the hotel room I will pay for it, just pay for your plane ticket and your food for some of the time. "

About 8 months ago my boyfriend announces to me that he won't be able to go anymore because he had just bought a house and was worried about skipping work for so long without any pay. I was sad but understood completely. Since we weren't going anymore the money I had saved and vacation hours I saved I used to pay for car repairs, my dogs health and went on a mini vacation to vegas just to be able to get out of town at some point, instead of no vacation at all.

Finally, about 2 months ago my boyfriend rented out the last rm in his house and now was making a very steady income to pay for his house. He then announces to me that he's going again! He buys his plane ticket and says he will be gone for two weeks. I was furious! I had spent all of my money I saved on things that needed to be addressed (but could have been addressed after the vacation as well but I thought that since I was no longer going what was the point of stretching out the wait.) So now I had no time to save up enough money or vacation hours to go! I asked though if for some miracle reason if I could save up the money, could I still go? He replied, "No, sorry there is barely enough room for me in the car so if you went we would have to rent a separate hotel room and car and I just don't have the money for it." I asked "You can't even help with half of my plane ticket and I can give you money after the trip is over to help you out?" he said "No, money is very tight for this trip, I have to be very careful of what I buy, and I can't NOT go. This may be my grandma's last time to travel and I want to be there." (I understand the grandma part)

I would also understand the money part, IF ONLY he hadn't gone and bought a 1965 Chevy Truck 3 weeks later for $3000!

Am I wrong to be upset in this situation?
Am I Wrong To Be Angry At My Boyfriend?
1
1