I'm sure most of us know that some animals are tortured in slaughter houses and dairy farms whether it be beating the animals, force feeding them, or grinding up baby chicks, it exists. After doing some research, I've made a decision to continue consuming meat and dairy but only from sources with a good reputation (as far as I know).
But here are some questions I asked myself along the way that I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks:
1. Is there such thing as humane slaughter?
2. What are my effects on the world as a meat eater?
3. What would my effects be on the world as a vegan?
4. Are humans made to digest meat and is it healthy?
5. Do we have the right to kill and harvest from these animals?
6. Could I kill an animal myself?
Thanks guys! <3
- Yes - There is such thing as humane slaughter and I consume meat and/or dairy
- Yes - There is such thing as humane slaughter but I do NOT consume meat and/or dairy
- No - There is no such thing as humane slaughter but I do consume meat and/or dairy
- No - There is no such thing as humane slaughter and I do NOT consume meat and/or dairy
- Other - Please explain :)
Most Helpful Guy
I'm a lacto-vegetarian, but I support veganism, although, I'm not trying to impose my views on other people.
1. Maybe, something like euthanasia.
2. One person has not much influence on the world.
3. See number 2.
5. I don't support killing animals for any purpose (unless it's in self-defence).
6. I don't know, could you?
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
Humans are designed to be herbivores. If we humans are really "meat eaters"then why do we need to cook the meat instead of eating it like other meat eating animals? Can you eat a dead cows flesh without any heat, if u can and your body doesn't reject it then us humans are meat eaters. Have you ever seen conspiracy? So animals are being killed off more than they have in years. Everything on this earth has a cycle. Once all the animals are gone because of humans we won't be able to survive that long. Humans are destroying this earth, for example, fishing they don't even give fishes enough time to breed so some fishes are starting to become extinct like blue salmon. The sea floor is destroyed because of machines used to catch sea creatures for food. And water is what makes up this earth if us humans keep destroying the sea bed there won't be any fishes and we need fishes because they have something that allows us oxygen for us. We are apart of this earth and we are animals with thumbs and clothes that's all we are. You don't need meat to survive there are many civilizations that don't eat meat and are healthy. The burgers from McDonald's and other food chains, it's not meat it's ammonia. You have a right to know what your eating and if you choose to ignore it then why put something in your mouth if you can't stomach looking at it. Being vegan saves more animals and it's helping the planet. Look up what these animals do for the earth you need more research. Taking another's life whether animal or human is fucked up. Killing animals and using their flesh it's more of a money thing. Meat is a multimillion dollar product. Let's tell people eggs are " nutrient- based" let's tell people dairy (pus) is good for the bones. Their selling people lies for millions. Find out the truth and if u live America, it's way worse here. Others countries levels of mercury for fish or for chemical levels for food for people to eat, are way less than in America, it's consider lethal in other countries the level of mercury thats ok for fish to be consumed. Do more research watch earthlings and tell me then if u can kill an animal.
- Show AllShow Less