This is from a page on instagram i follow. Thing is, if i were to get it from the company, i'd pay AT LEAST $150, excluding delivery, which frankly i believe is way too much. I know if i bought everything myself, it'd cost less.
So the strawberries are covered in white chocolate, then colour is added. I also know that toothpicks are used to hold everything in place, usually into foam or something. I've never done this before though so i do need help, even though to some of you this will be ridiculously simple lol. don't judge me =/
So my main questions are:
- How would you go about getting the strawberries to look like that?
- How do i get the detailing on them to look good?
- What kind of template would i use to get the '2' shape?
Most Helpful Guy
- Melt the chocolate & some cream in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, add food colouring. (chocolate alone will be too hard and simply crack when it cools).
- stick a cake pop stick into the top of the strawberry and dip the strawberries until they are coated evenly all over
- set onto baking paper to cool
- put them in the fridge to harden
- If you want them that good you need a piping bag or a squeeze bottle with the smallest nozzle you can find, fill it with melted chocolate and draw away! This bit is hard, takes practice.
-for the sprinkled ones you'd hold the strawberry over a bowl and pour them over, while turning it for an even and thick coating.
One BIG question though, are the roses chocolate aswell? Because they are kinda difficult to DIY, but basically
-you need specific modelling chocolate
-roll out balls of the chocolate and flatten them between baking paper to make flat petals
-dip more strawberries into the normal cbocolate and let them set
-wrap the 'leaves' around the strawberry in a rose like way lol
Can u link the shop thats selling it? Because at thst price i suspect the flowers are actually chocolate wrapped strawberries too.
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
-I would use fondant icing to cover the strawberries babe. You just roll the fondant icing out flat and put the strawberry on the top and shape it.
-On the Strawberries? I would use a piping bag with a stainless tip. Pop the strawberries on a chicken skewer and pop them in foam. That way you're not holding onto them and have free hands to use the piping bag to do the detailing. then shove the whole thing in the fridge
-Floral foam (which is green in colour) Florist use it to for flower arrangements. You can get a big block of those and use a template of a number two and cut it out
-White packing foam (the ones they use when they want to send something in a massive box to prevent damaging the item in the box) those come in blocks too and just like like i said above.. use a number two template and cut it out.