Does blending fruit decrease their sugar contents?

I have a green juice every morning with 1 cup of spinach, 1 kale leaf, 1 banana, 1 cup of strawberries, ginger, and chia seeds. I worry about my sugar levels, and am wondering what effect blending has on fruits?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• There's almost no sugar in that. It won't make a difference in your body. Besides that's natural sugars so it isn't that bad. Your body needs a minimum amount of sugar to function anyways. You can't eliminate it 100%. Worry about artificial sugars from man made ingredients. You're fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is the same but your body will absorb the natural sugar faster. You really shouldn't worry about fructose because it's not like you're eating processed sugar straight from the bag. It's a natural sugar and your body needs it to give you energy.

• Is there a difference between sugar that makes you gain weight and sugar used for energy?

• Sugar in excess will make you gain weight. Fructose will give you energy if eaten in its natural state + the fiber will help you stay fuller longer. Plain sugar, like the kind used in processed foods like cakes and stuff, will lead to weight gain if eaten in excess.