What is the correct what to eat your salad?

Before or after the main dish? People always tend to eat it before, but if there is really a science to back that up. or people eat it before because there is some nutritional and healthy issue that comes into play.

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• For my girls, I always gave them their vegetables first whether it was a salad, carrots, or what not. I wanted them to develop good eating habits and if you put the lasagna in front of any age kid first, they're going to go for that for pure biological reasons. I think that it's worked as so far, my girls are definitely more fit than the American average. Just two weeks ago, I brought dinner to the table without bringing a salad first (I felt the main entree was already vegetable heavy) and both my girls protested saying "Daddy, where's the salad?"

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a cultural thing and depends on what country you are in. In Europe I've had it served after the main meal. Here in the states I either have it prior to my entree (the usual at a restaurant) or along side my entree often at home.